Zoom U-22 - USB Mobile Recording and Performance Interface
The U-22 from Zoom is a mobile USB 2.0 recording and performance interface, featuring two analog inputs and two analog outputs, in an ultra-portable housing that makes it easy to connect to a laptop or iPhone/iPad for on-the-go audio creation. A low-noise microphone preamp allows for recording vocals, instruments and more, with resolutions up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
The XLR/TS combo input can record a microphone or line-level source, and provides 48V phantom power and Hi-Z support for connecting a guitar or bass. A mini stereo input is also available for recording an iPad, mixer, or other portable audio device. Only one recording input can be used at a time. When using the line input, the XLR/TS combo input is disabled.
For zero-latency recording and mixing, a direct monitoring switch allows listening to the input signal before it passes through the computer. Separate RCA output jacks and an independent headphone output provide multiple options for monitoring.
Purchasers of the U-22 can register for a free download of a special version of Pro Tools First, which contains a valuable collection of twenty-one AAX audio software plug-ins.
- Stereo USB audio interface for Windows, Mac, iPhone, or iPad
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately)
- XLR/TS input with microphone preamp with Hi-Z input support
- +48V phantom power
- Gain control knob for microphone/Hi-Z input
- Stereo mini line input
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Dedicated left/right outputs on RCA connectors
- Stereo mini headphone output
- Purchasers can register for a free download of a special version of Pro Tools First, with a collection of twenty-one AAX audio software plug-ins
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Power via two AA batteries (not included) or optional AC adapter
- Approximately five hours of operation with AA alkaline batteries
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries