Zoom B3n Multi-Effects Processor for Bassists
Designed to put a panoply of sonic possibilities beneath the feet of electric bass players, the Zoom B3n is a multi-effects processor with 67 different effects, up to seven of which can be used simultaneously. Also provided are five amp and cabinet emulations which aim to replicate the sonic signatures of classic setups.
Three footswitches allow you to initiate effects, which are all editable via three separate LCD screens, each of which boasts four dedicated parameter controls, which change depending on the effect you choose. At the bottom of the pedal are three more foot controls: two scroll pedals for cycling through banks, as well as a third control for tap-tempo and tuner regulation. An 80-second phrase looper is also available to you, for all your looping needs.
The pedal provides both instrument and auxiliary inputs, and an output section which gives you a mono 1/4" output and a stereo 1/4" output, useful for monitoring through headphones or implementing stereo effects. A controller input will allow you to hook in compatible expression control pedals, such as the FP02M.
- Included Software
- The included Zoom Guitar Lab software for Mac and Windows enables you to manage patches, download new effects, and activate different amp/cabinet emulators. It includes a Patch Manager for effects chains, as well as an Effects Manager with a simple graphic user interface. This provides point-and-click control over re-naming or re-ordering your custom patches.
- Features at a Glance
- 67 high-quality stompbox DSP effects
- 5 new amp emulators, plus 5 cabinet emulators
- Included ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software for allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 7 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 3 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Stereo/mono looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 3 independent editing displays
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard bass tunings including open and drop-tunings (tuner center-range of 435 to 445 Hz)
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Auxiliary stereo input jack for connection of smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connection to bass amps and mono/stereo PA systems
- Dedicated stereo headphone output jack
- Control input for ZOOM FP02M external expression pedal
Effects Types 80x Simultaneous Effects Up to 7x User Banks 150 banks and patches Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz AD/DA Conversion 24-bit with 128x oversampling Signal Processing 32-bit Frequency Characteristics 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +1 dB, -3 dB (10-kOhm load) LCD Display 3x 128 x 32 dot-matrix Input Connections 1 x 1/4" phone jack
1 x Stereo 3.5 mm mini jack
1 x Zoom FP02M Control input
Input Level 1/4" phone: -20 dBu
3.5 mm mini: -10 dBu
Input Impedance 1/4" phone: 470 kOhms (line)
3.5 mm: 10 kOhms (line)
Output Connections 1 x 1/4" phone jack, mono
1 x 1/4" phone jack, stereo (combined line / headphone)
Output Level Output R: Line +5 dBm (load impedance of 10 kOhms or more)
Output L: Line +5 dBm (load impedance of 10 kOhms or more); headphones 15 mW + 15 mW into 32-Ohm load
EIN -119 dBu Noise Floor -100 dBu Power Zoom AD-16 AC adapter: 9 VDC (center minus plug), 500 mA USB USB MIDI, USB Micro-B Dimensions (D x W x H) 7.1 x 9.2 x 2.3" / 18.1 x 23.4 x 5.8 cm Weight 2.8 lb / 1.3 kg