Tamron A16 SP 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Lens for Nikon F
The Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Lens made for the DX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs incorporates a motor built into the lens itself, which gives it the capability to autofocus with allNikon DSLR cameras (including the D40 and D40x). In addition, with the motor built into the lens, focusing will be quieter and more responsive.
The Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II LD lens is a lightweight, compact, fast standard zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras. The focal length of this lens is equivalent to approx. 26-78mm in 35mm format.
This lens offers an f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range, to ensure stress-free photographic shots at all focal lengths and distances. Additionally, a broader photographic expression through the use of faster shutter speeds as a result of the maximum aperture offers enhanced photographic pleasure.
- Optimized for Digital SLR
- Two hybrid aspherical elements are used to noticeably reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize sharper imagery with accurate rendering.
- LD Glass
- An LD (Low Dispersion) glass element is used to accomplish effective compensation of on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations, a critical factor for enhancing optical quality in digital photography, in order to achieve outstanding optical performance over the entire zoom range.
- Enhanced Peripheral Illumination
- Peripheral light fall-off is minimized when compared with that of conventional lenses for film cameras, so images are uniformly bright from the center to the periphery.
- Internal Surface Coating to Reduce Ghosting and Flare
- By employing "Internal Surface Coatings" (i.e., multiple-layer coatings on cemented surfaces of plural elements) and multiple-layer coating technology on ordinary elements, ghosting and flare due to the reflections that occur when light enters through the front element and reflections caused by the imagers themselves are reduced to the absolute minimum.
- Zoom Lock Mechanism
- The Zoom Lock prevents unwanted barrel extension when carrying the lens/camera combination.