Rode NTK Valve 1.0" Condenser Microphone
The NTK Valve 1.0" Condenser Microphone from Rode is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone which employs Class-A valve circuitry resulting in a warm sonic character. The NTK is designed for vocal and general instrument recording, while providing the sonic character found in higher-priced tube microphones. The capsule features a mylar dual diaphragm sputtered in gold to provide transparent signal reproduction and wide frequency response.
The hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve comprises the core of the NTK's circuitry, providing an analog "warmth" and presence that meets the standards of the most demanding engineers. The microphone features a custom-built, Mu-metal transformer developed by Jensen Transformers. The end result is quiet, noise-free output at high-gain levels. The NTK features a separate power supply, providing +48V phantom power. In addition, variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns provide a total of 9 selectable patterns.
- Tube Circuitry
- The Rode NTK features the 6922 twin-triode valve at the heart of its circuitry. The result is a warm sonic character found in higher-priced tube microphones
- Quality Transformer Design
- The custom-designed, Jensen Mu-metal transformer provides a low-noise high-gain signal path on output.
- 9 Polar Patterns
- Variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 provide a total of 9 selectable polar patterns.
- Separate Power Supply
- A separate power supply provides +48V of phantom power.