Rode NT6 Compact Condenser Microphone
The NT6 from Rode is a professional general-purpose condenser microphone that exhibits the convenience of flexible placement, making it a strong candidate for instrument capturing in recording and sound-reinforcement applications. Capitalizing on the success of the renowned NT5, the engineers at Rode integrated its cardioid capsule into the miniature design of the NT6.
The NT6 features a detached microphone head (capsule) and body (output stage). A 10' Kevlar-reinforced cable attaches these two components and enables flexible microphone mounting and placement. The NT6 features a cardioid polar pattern which effectively minimizes noise due to off-axis ambient audio and feedback. A -10 dB Pad switch provides added headroom, allowing excessively loud signals, such as brass and percussion, to be captured without noise or distortion. A low-frequency roll-off switch eliminates low-frequency noise and rumble below 80 Hz.
- Miniature Detached Capsule and Body
- A 10' Kevlar-reinforced microphone cable joins the miniature capsule and output stage. This design provides endless mounting possibilities on instruments, the ability to capture room ambiance, and more.
- Swivel Mount
- The 2-position swivel mount allows both horizontal and vertical pivoting of the capsule for accurate positioning. Also included are 2 thread adapters (1/4" to 5/8" and 1/4" to 3/8") which enable attachment to virtually any microphone stand.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern effectively suppresses off-axis audio, reducing residual noise caused by ambiance and feedback.
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- A low-frequency roll-off switch eliminates noise and rumble below 80 Hz.
- -10 dB Pad Switch
- A -10 dB pad switch provides added headroom for capturing signals that exhibit excessive level and transients. The pad allows these signals to be captured without noise caused by distortion and overload.