Rode NT2-A Desktop Recording Kit Microphone
This kit comes with a Rode NT2-A multi-pattern, condenser microphone, a Rode SM6 shockmount and pop filter, an XLR cable, and a dust cover. It also features a CEntrance Inc. MicPort Pro preamp and USB interface, and an Auray RFDT-128 desktop reflection filter with mic stand.
The NT2-A's large diaphragm delivers a detailed response with lively sounding middle and upper frequencies, and it produces rich-sounding and textured voice sounds. The compact MicPort Pro provides the mic with 48V phantom power and is capable of recording at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. It is equipped with a headphone output and volume level, enabling you to monitor your performance with near-zero latency.
Designed to absorb and block room noise and reflections that can commonly occur in acoustically untreated rooms, the Auray RFDT-128 allows you to capture a close and dry sound that is true to your voice. Its telescoping shaft with twist lock makes it easy to precisely adjust the height of the microphone and filter.
Rode NT2-A Studio Solution Package
The NT2-A Studio Solution Package from RODE includes the NT2-A multi-pattern condenser microphone, the SM6 shock mount and pop filter, a 10' XLR cable, and a dust cover. Also included in this package is an instructional DVD with an in-depth tutorial by Grammy nominated producer John Merchant.
The Rode NT2-A has a high-quality, large dual-diaphragm multi-pattern condenser element that delivers maximum flexibility in many recording scenarios. Superior electronics result in ultra-low noise performance, and its fixed variable pad, pattern and filter adjustments provide the flexibility and control needed by musicians and recording engineers alike.
- The Rode NT2-A Studio Solution Package includes the SM6 shockmount, XLR cable, dust cover and instructional DVD by Grammy Award nominated producer John Merchant
- Large 1" (25mm) HF1 gold sputtered capsule
- On body control of polar pattern, HPF and PAD
- Three position variable polar pattern - Omni, Cardioid or Figure 8
- Three position variable High-Pass Filter - Flat, 40Hz or 80Hz
- Three position PAD - 0dB, -5dB or -10dB
- Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount circuitry
- Includes SM6 shock mount with integrated pop filter, 3m XLR cable, dustcover and exclusive training DVD.
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Senal XU-1648 XLR-to-USB Interface
The XU-1648 from Senal is a compact XLR-to-USB adapter interface that allows you to plug your microphone into the USB port of any Mac or Windows computer for use with your favorite digital recording software. Its rugged build and plug-and-play operation make it perfect for bands, recording artists, podcasters and more.
For use with dynamic or condenser microphones, the XU-1648 delivers 16-bit/48-kHz studio-quality sound. It also features a microphone preamp with gain control and switchable 48V phantom power. Its 1/8" headphone output features a volume control and allows for zero-latency monitoring. There is also a monitor level control to adjust the balance between the audio playback from your computer and the sound of your microphone.
In addition, the XU-1648 features a tough, all-metal chassis with non-slip neoprene feet on the bottom to prevent it from slipping.
- Plug-and-play XLR-to-USB adapter
- Rugged metal chassis
- 16-bit/48-kHz studio-quality sound
- Low-noise mic preamp with gain control
- 1/8"(3.5mm) latency-free headphone output with level control
- Monitor output adjusts balance between audio playback and live mic
- Peak level indicator to help avoid clipping
- USB bus powered
- 6.25' USB cable included
Auray RFDT-128 Desktop Reflection Filter and Mic Stand
Designed to be an all-in-one solution for desktop recording where isolation is needed, the RFDT-128 Desktop Reflection Filter and Mic Stand from Auray features high-density acoustic foam and a perforated aluminum screen that absorb and block room noise and reflections that can commonly occur in acoustically untreated rooms. When recording in an untreated acoustic environment, vocals that reflect off of the walls and ceiling can be picked up by the microphone. These reflections can interfere with the sound of the voice and create a distant and "roomy" effect. By absorbing and diffusing these reflections, the RFDT-128 creates a closer and drier sound truer to your voice, making it easier to work with during the mixing process, and is more desirable for broadcasts, podcasts, voiceover, and desktop recording applications.
An aluminum and acoustic-foam base provide additional noise protection by isolating the filter and your microphone against vibrations from your desk or table. The filter sits on a telescoping shaft that can be adjusted from 7 to 12" of height, for flexibility in mic positioning. Not limited to desktop applications, the RFDT-128's shield can be attached to a broadcast arm with the included mounting hardware. Its threaded mount is compatible with 5/8"-27 mic clips and shockmounts.
- Compact, all-in-one solution for providing sound isolation in desktop recording applications
- High-density acoustic foam works with the perforated aluminum shield to absorb and diffuse acoustic reflections while isolating your microphone
- The telescoping shaft with twist lock allows for easy and precise height adjustment of microphone and filter
- The standard 5/8"-27 threaded mount accepts most microphone clips and shock mounts
- The sliding bracket makes it easy to position the microphone inside the reflection filter
- The base is constructed of an aluminum plate for stability, and a 1.5" layer of high density acoustic foam for absorbing vibrations from a desk or tabletop